Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Bentley Snow
This profile is mostly for parents, since I have already updated my students on Google Classroom, which we've used all year. I'm updating some info here to hopefully make it easier for you parents to know your kids are doing everything they need to be for my class now that it's online.
- I am running everything on Google Classroom, just like I have all year. Your student's responsibility is to check Classroom every day.
- Note that students get credit for attendance by doing each day's prompt for their Weekly Journal assignment (something we've done all year as well). The students should be very familiar with Classroom by now, but there should be a link on the left which can help you go there too in case you want to check anything out.
- For simplicity, I will make all assignments possible due on Classroom by Thursday night at 9:59 PM.
- Most weeks, if not all, I will have all grading done for the week by Friday night sometime.
- I will respond to emails within 24 hours if they are sent to me during the work week (standard school hours: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM).
- During my office hours (9:30 AM - 11:30 AM) I will be even more prompt, hopefully responding to emails within minutes unless I am already answering someone else's.
- Though we still have some assignments to do, we have already finished our major essay assignments, so we're in great shape. My goal is to help the students stay and feel connected, keep processing some meaningful literature, and to finish up the year well.
- Audible is giving students free memberships right now (an incredible offer), so point them there to find a great audiobook if they need something good to do! https://stories.audible.com/?mi_u=amzn1.account.AH3VTFLPXU5AGJ3OWVJ77ISUW6YQ&mi_ecmp=486622220&mi_cmp=21b6d7d8b2f846dc&mi_sc=t
Please let me know if you have any questions. My email is email@example.com.