We want registration to be an efficient, positive experience. Following the steps below BEFORE coming in to the school will greatly reduce your wait times. Parents should complete the registration forms with their students present as there are documents requiring signatures from both.
The Utah County Academy of Sciences will adhere to the following schedule for registration:
- August 2: 9 am – 3 pm. Recommended for student with last names A – M.
- August 3: 9 am – 3 pm. Recommended for students with last names N – Z.
- August 4: 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm.
Step 1: Complete and sign the required forms.
- The required forms can be viewed or printed from here: https://www.ucas-edu.net/Page/420. We will have additional copies of all documents available at the school.
- Please fill out the documents and either print them to bring with you when you come to the school or obtain copies to fill out once you arrive for registration. Please remember that most documents need both a student's and parent's signature.
- Here is a list of the documents:
- Signature Page
- Fee Form
- Student Computer Use Agreement Form
- Dress and Grooming Guidelines
- Attendance Procedure
Step 2: Pick up your schedule
Schedules for Fall Semester will be available at the school and on SIS (see step 8 for instructions on logging into SIS).
Step 4: Deposit money in your student's lunch account
You can use the lunch payment website to add money to your student's lunch account, or you can pay in the front office on either campus.
Here are the school lunch prices for this school year:
Full Price Breakfast: $1.90
Reduced Cost Breakfast: $0.30
Full Price Lunch: $3.25
Reduced Cost Lunch: $0.40
You can find a Free and Reduced lunch application on the forms page (see step 1) . That page also contains instructions and frequently asked questions which may help you fill out the forms.
Step 5: Come to school.
- 9th and 10th Graders: Provo Campus: 2121 N 550 W, Provo, 385-375-3021
- 11th and 12th Graders: Orem Campus: 940 W 800 S, Orem, 801-225-8227
- You will complete the following activities
- If you have questions about applying to UVU, we will help you.
- In our computer lab, you will register for your UVU concurrent enrollment classes. Please bring your 8-digit UV ID number if you have already applied to UVU.
- Turn in the required forms listed in step 1.
- Turn in the optional forms listed in step 1.
- Pay fees if you elect not to pay online.
- Pickup your schedule and meet with a UCAS counselor if needed.
Step 6: Apply for your UVU Activity Card
You only need to do this if you are a new student.
- Your bus pass will not work until you have registered for at least one concurrent enrollment class.
- Getting your UVU activity card can (and should) be done completely online this year.
- Follow this link for instructions: https://www.uvu.edu/campusconnection/id-cards/index.html#start-the-process
- Scroll down and click on the link on the left that says: Submit Your Photo
- On the next page click: Submit Your Photo
- Follow the on screen instructions.
- After you submit your photo, check your UVU email for instructions from campus connect to finish the process.
Step 7: Login into your student email.
- Please wait until Tuesday, August 2 to complete this step.
- UCAS uses gmail for student email addresses. Go to gmail.com. Your username is email@example.com
- Your initial password is "Changeme4" (without the quotations). You will be forced to change your password when you log in.
Step 8: Login to SIS
You cannot complete this step until you have access to your UCAS student email account! (See step 7)
Aspire SIS is the system UCAS uses to track grades and attendance. Here is a link to the login screen: https://ucas.usoe-dcs.org/Login/
- Instructions for NEW students:
- You will receive your UCAS ID number in a separate email.
- Once you have your UCAS ID, go to https://ucas.usoe-dcs.org/ControlMaster.aspx/Password/Recover
- Use your UCAS ID for your username.
- Use your UCAS email address for your recovery address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Check your email for instructions to reset your password.
- Instructions for parents:
- If you are not already registered on SIS as a parent, go to https://ucas.usoe-dcs.org/Register. You will need your student’s UCAS ID number and date of birth.
- Follow the instructions to create an account.
- Instructions for NEW students:
Step 9: Login to Canvas
All teachers at UCAS are being asked to use canvas to post course material.
- Follow this link to login: https://ucas-edu.instructure.com/
- Use your UCAS email address to access your account.
We are happy to help you with any of these steps. Please be aware that during registration we may be difficult to reach by phone. If you would like help going through these steps, please come into the school and we would be happy to assist you.