We want registration to be an efficient, positive experience. Following the steps below BEFORE coming in to the school will greatly reduce your wait times. Parents should complete the registration forms with their students present as there are documents requiring signatures from both.
The Utah County Academy of Sciences will adhere to the following schedule for registration:
- August 3: Both campuses open 9 am – 3 pm. Recommended for student with last names A – M.
- August 4: Both campuses open 9 am – 3 pm. Recommended for students with last names N – Z.
- August 5: REGISTRATION WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE THIS DAY DUE TO UVU SYSTEM UPDATES. THE OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED
- August 6: Both campuses open 9 am – 3 pm.
Step 1: Complete and sign the required forms.
- The required forms can be viewed or printed from here: https://www.ucas-edu.net/Page/420. We will have additional copies of all documents available at the school.
- Please fill out the documents and either print them to bring with you when you come into the school or send them to:
- 9th and 10th Graders: email@example.com
- 11th and 12th Graders: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Here is a list of the documents:
- Signature Page
- Home Language Survey (Students new to UCAS, ONLY)
- Optional: Parent Volunteer Form
- Optional: Yearbook Staff Application
- Optional: Fee Waiver Application
- Optional: Free and Reduced Lunch Application
Step 2: Pick up your schedule
Schedules for Fall Semester will be available at the school and on SIS (see step 8 for instructions on logging into SIS).
Step 3: Pay Fees
- Fees can be paid in the front office without a surcharge. We DO NOT take Discover. For information about fees you will pay, visit this link: https://www.ucas-edu.net/Page/58
- You can also pay fees online. Paying by check is the cheapest online option.
- Link for 9th and 10th Grade Fees: https://secureinstantpayments.com?Event=4793
- Link for 11th Grade Fees: https://secureinstantpayments.com?Event=4796
- Link for 12th Grade Fees: https://secureinstantpayments.com?Event=4797
Step 4: Deposit money in your student's lunch account
School lunches are free for the 2021-2022 school year. If you would normally fill out a free and reduced lunch application, please appy this year. Your application affect other school funding outside of the school lunch program!
Step 5: Come to the school.
- 9th and 10th Graders: Provo Campus: 2121 N 550 W, Provo, 385-375-3021
- 11th and 12th Graders: Orem Campus: 940 W 800 S, Orem, 801-863-2222
- You will complete the following activities
- In our computer lab, you will register for your UVU concurrent enrollment classes. Please bring your 8-digit UV ID number.
- Turn in required forms listed in step 1.
- Turn in optional forms listed in step 1.
- Pay fees if you elect not to pay online.
- Pickup up your schedule and meet with a UCAS counselor if needed.
Step 6: Apply for your UVU Activity Card
You only need to do this if you are a new student.
- Your bus pass will not work until you have registered for at least one concurrent enrollment class.
- Getting your UVU activity card can (and should) be done completely online this year due to construction at UVU.
- Follow this link for instructions: https://www.uvu.edu/campusconnection/id-cards/index.html#start-the-process
- After you submit your photo (using the link above), check your UVU email for instructions from campus connect to finish the process.
Step 7: Login into your student email.
- Please wait until Tuesday, August 3 to complete this step.
- UCAS uses gmail for student email addresses. Go to gmail.com. Your username is email@example.com
- Your initial password is "Changeme4" (without the quotations). You will be forced to change your password when you log in.
Step 8: Login to SIS
Aspire SIS is the system UCAS uses to track grades and attendance. Here is a link to the login screen: https://ucas.usoe-dcs.org/Login/
- Instructions for ALL students:
- You will receive your UCAS ID number in a separate email.
- Once you have your UCAS ID, go to https://ucas.usoe-dcs.org/ControlMaster.aspx/Password/Recover
- Use your UCAS ID for your username.
- Use your UCAS email address for your recovery address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Check your email for instructions to reset your password.
- Instructions for parents:
- If you are not already registered on SIS as a parent, go to https://ucas.usoe-dcs.org/Register. You will need your student’s UCAS ID number and date of birth.
- Follow the instructions to create an account.
- Instructions for ALL students:
Step 9: Login to Canvas
All teachers at UCAS are being asked to use canvas to post course material.
- Follow this link to login: https://ucas-edu.instructure.com/
- Use your UCAS email address to access your account.
We are happy to help you with any of these steps. Please be aware that during registration we may be difficult to reach by phone. If you would like help going through these steps, please come into the school and we would be happy to assist you.