Dear UCAS Student and Parents:
Greetings from UCAS! We hope you are enjoying your summer. We also hope that you are excited to start school at UCAS soon ☺ - please make sure to mark the FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL as Monday, August 12th on your calendar.
There are a few items we would like to mention before school starts, PLEASE READ THIS LETTER CAREFULLY IT CONTAINS A LOT OF IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- ALL NEW UCAS students may pick up their UVU ID card after August 1st. UCAS will pay for the first UVU ID card if picked up after you register for your CE classes at UCAS beginning August 1st. If you need a replacement card during the year, UVU will charge you, not UCAS. Please make sure to ask for your bus pass at the time you pick up your UVID card – a FREE UTA pass will be embedded in your UVID card. To obtain your UVID card, after you have registered for your CE class at UCAS, you will need to go to Campus Connection, located in UVU’s Sorenson Student Center, with your UVU ID number and a government- issued photo id. Please visit the Campus Connection website for business hours and acceptable forms of ID: www.uvu.edu/campusconnection and click “Student I.D.” and scroll down to “Concurrent Enrollment High School I.D. Cards”.
- ALL new 9th grade students. On Friday, August 9th from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm, there is a 9th grade student social at Provo UCAS. This is for ALL UCAS 9th GRADE STUDENTS ONLY (sorry – siblings are not invited). We will be learning about UCAS, meeting other students, and playing a lot of fun games.
- ALL NEW UCAS STUDENTS (9th and 10th grade students). A student lunch will be provided from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm. This is a chance for you to meet your teachers, visit the classrooms, pick up information about your classes, enjoy a hot dog and chips, and meet the incredible UCAS faculty and staff!
- ALL new 10th grade students. On Friday, August 9th from 1:00 pm to 2:00pm, there is a 10th grade student social at Provo UCAS. This is for ALL UCAS 10th GRADE STUDENTS ONLY (sorry – siblings are not invited). We will be learning about UCAS, meeting other students, and playing a lot of fun games.
All UCAS Students
- ALL returning UCAS students your UTA bus pass will be activated after you have registered for your Concurrent Enrollment classes at UCAS beginning August 1st. You will not need a new UVID card as they are good for five years. However, this year - all students receive a free UTA bus pass. Please visit the Campus Connection website for business hours and information regarding the: www.uvu.edu/campusconnection and click “Student I.D.” and scroll down to “Concurrent Enrollment High School I.D. Cards”.
- School fees are due by the first day of school on Monday, August 12th and may be paid beginning August 1st. Students should register at the campus where they will be attending (Provo for 9th and 10th, Orem for 11th and 12th). Upon payment of fees (online or in the office with cash, check or credit card) the student may pick up his/her 2019 class schedule. Chromebooks for new 9th and 10th grade students will also be available starting August 1st.
- SENIOR students at UCAS will only be charged the $25 activity fee. Senior students should plan on using the money they would have spent on school fees to purchase the books that they will need for UVU classes. Also, SAVE THE DATE for our senior kick-off. It will be held on August 14th at 4:30pm. Check your email in July for more information about this mandatory meeting.
- ALL Students – if you have problems with your UCAS class schedule, contact your counselor by email immediately! Changes to schedules are only made during the first week of classes, and only if there is a counselor error (this includes advisory classes for 9th, 10th, and 11th graders). 11th grade students, check your email for an advisory request form. This should be filled out as soon as possible. Schedules are not changed to be in the same class period as friends. Counselors will be in the office in the afternoons starting August 5th.
- ALL students who have a UVU class on campus, please do NOT make UVU class changes without first getting approval from your UCAS counselor. If you do make changes, please be aware your graduation may be affected, and you will end up paying for the class and fees.
- ALL UCAS FAMILIES are being asked to fill out the Free and Reduced Lunch Application available online for you to download, or in the office. Please submit the application to UCAS before school starts.
- Please note that the Fee Waiver Application is a separate form from the Free and Reduced Lunch Application.
- UCAS is closed from July 1st until July 29th. Beginning July 30th, the UCAS office will be open from 9:00 until 3:00 p.m. daily. Once school begins on Aug. 12th, UCAS office hours will be from 8:00 to 4:30 daily.
- UCAS uses e-mails to communicate with students and parents. If your e-mail contact information changes, please contact Julie Schiffman at Julie.email@example.com.
- If you prefer written or e-mailed communication in Spanish, please contact your school counselor to let us know.
Watch your email at the end of July for specific UCAS registration instructions. Please give us a call or come in to see us if you have questions. We look forward to seeing you!
Dr. Anna Trevino - UCAS Superintendent
Jennilyn Derbidge - UCAS Principal, Orem
Jared Ferguson - UCAS Principal, Provo