Degrees and Certifications:
Ph.D. Physiology and Developmental Biology B.S. Physiology A.S. General Studies
Dr. Micah Ross
Hey guys, Dr. Ross here!
Here are some fun facts about me- I:
- Has three degrees: A.S. in General Studies, B.S. in Physiology, and a
- Ph.D. in Physiology and Developmental Biology.
- Loves dinosaurs, Harry Potter, elephants, Friends, fishing, camping, musicals, road trips, donuts, the ocean, theme parks, Christmas, concerts, photography, and napping.
- Lived in California for 1.5 years serving people and learning all about the ocean (pretty cool for a country girl)
- Traveled to Ireland this summer!
- Has a puppy named Indiana Joan, but calls her "Indy".
- Lives with her best friend, Jess, who teaches drama at American Fork Junior High and has a rescue dog named Penny.
- Teaches at UCAS and BYU.
- Enjoys science, documentaries, memes, and dinosaurs.
- Is an ally to all! My classroom is a safe space for everyone. My classroom rule is "Be kind"- this helps promote a community of encouragement and support for everyone.
She is focused on making science relevant-what you learn in Biology and other science courses should matter.
In Biology 1010 and 1610 we use UCAS' Canvas site for our online materials. You are expected to participate and complete assignments as given. Please refer to UCAS Canvas for course syllabi and assignments. Grades will be updated in SIS weekly. Follow our Instagram @biologywithdrross 🦖🦕
I am currently conducting research at Brigham Young University, investigating environmental toxicants that cause a class of birth defects known as neural tube defects. My research involves genetic analysis, cell culture, embryo work, and much more!! Stay tuned for fun updates!!