Teacher Name: Mr. Ashton
CSP, WebDev, ECS
LMS: UCAS Canvas
1. Follow the UCAS Canvas course modules and submit required assignments in the given Module.
2. Clarify any questions you have via Email. I respond to email daily.
3. For detailed assistance online attend a Zoom session every Friday from 9:00 to 9:30AM.
Click here for the link which can also be found in the first Module entry of the UCAS Canvas Course:
If the link asks you for an ID and PW here it is: Meeting ID: 340 624 6127 Passcode: fH5UK6
4. For in person assistance meet with me every Friday from 9:30 to 10:30AM. Send me an email if you are coming.
5. Read the lesson entries in the Canvas Course module carefully and respond to everything requested.
1. Why is my Canvas course grade different from the Aspire grade?
a. This will happen when Aspire and Canvas have not synchronized for a given time period. Usually a nightly resync will correct the problem. If it doesn’t then always go by the Canvas score and grade.
2. What leeway do I have in submitting assignments?
a. I am more interested in you learning from the assignments. Therefore, I can be flexible when you get behind on assignments but by the end of a given unit then any missed assignments will be entered as zero.
3. Why is keeping notes in my Logbook so important if I am doing all the assignments anyway?
a. First, you can always use your Logbook notes as a help on any unit exams or quizzes. Second, it has been proven that writing things down in your own words will help you retain that knowledge and information much longer. Finally, you are much better prepared for any group or class discussion that takes place and you will be a much more valuable participant in those discussions.
4. What if I do not like being called upon in class for responses?
a. I expect everyone to participate in class discussions when called upon and therefore you need to be prepared whenever possible. If you find you are not prepared on a given day then send me an email or let me know before class begins and I will give you a one day reprieve.